A hydraulic third function kit allows you to add an additional hydraulic circuit to your tractor, which can be used to operate attachments that require hydraulic power. These attachments might include grapples, augers, mowers, and more. The kit typically includes a valve that allows you to switch between different attachments for different tasks.
There are many functions that you could complete in the front of a tractor using a hydraulic third function kit. Here are a few examples:
- Operating a front-end loader: A front-end loader is a tractor attachment that consists of a large bucket mounted on the front of the tractor. You can use the hydraulic third function kit to operate the loader, allowing you to scoop up and move materials such as dirt, gravel, and sand.
- Operating a grapple: A grapple is a type of tractor attachment that consists of a set of mechanical arms or jaws that are used to grasp and move objects. Grapples are often used for tasks such as picking up and moving logs, debris, and other materials. They are often used in forestry, construction, and landscaping applications, and can be a valuable tool for anyone who needs to move large or awkward objects with their tractor.
- Operating a front-mounted mower: Some tractors have a mower attachment that can be mounted on the front of the tractor. You can use the hydraulic third function kit to operate the mower, allowing you to cut grass and weeds in areas that are difficult to reach with a traditional lawn mower.
- Operating a front-mounted snowblower: If you live in an area with heavy snowfall, you might consider attaching a snowblower to the front of your tractor. You can use the hydraulic third function kit to operate the snowblower, allowing you to quickly and easily clear snow from driveways, sidewalks, and other surfaces.
- Operating a front-mounted blade: A front-mounted blade is a tractor attachment that consists of a large, flat blade that is mounted on the front of the tractor. You can use the hydraulic third function kit to operate the blade, allowing you to move and clear dirt, gravel, and other materials.
Essentially, a hydraulic third function kit allows you to expand the capabilities of your tractor and use it for a wider range of tasks.